Are You Prepared for Your Holiday Road Trip?Emergency Tips
Hitting the road this holiday season to visit family and friends? Whether you are traveling around town or embarking on a six-hour-long car ride, now is the time to prepare your vehicle and self for a safe trip.
The first step in preparing for a safe trip is to make sure your car is in tip-top shape to make the journey. Check your battery, brakes, fluid levels and tires, and make sure all lights are working and clean.
If for some reason you do find yourself stuck on the side of the road or in traffic, having a personal roadside emergency kit packed is key. The kit should include the following items:
- Flairs or orange hazard triangles
- Jumper cables
- Sturdy ice scrappers
- Extra windshield wiper fluid and antifreeze
- Another set of windshield wipers
- Kitty litter as it provides traction if you get stuck
- A First aid kit, which is sold already assembled at most major pharmacies
- Extra gloves, socks and warm clothes
- Drinking water
- Healthy snacks
It is also wise to map your driving route in advance and be prepared for busy roadways. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic and the potential of bad weather.
Following these safety tips will help you get to and from your family and friends gatherings safely.
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment visit Steward DoctorFinder™.