Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry CookiesRecipe
These chewy oatmeal cranberry cookies are a great fall treat! This recipe was featured by Steward Health Care nutritionists at this year’s Best Years Expo hosted at Gillette Stadium.
Number of Servings: 15 servings
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, water, egg white and vanilla. Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and dried cranberries.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cup fills onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for one minute before moving from pans to wire racks.
One cookie: 144 calories, 6g total fat, 88mg sodium, 22g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 2g fiber
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.