To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™ .
It’s men’s health month and here’s a diabetes friendly recipe for those loved ones in our lives that may be managing diabetes. This is a fresh twist on a turkey sandwich and filled with fiber and lean protein, both of which can help keep your hunger in check.
Number of servings: 4
- 1 medium golden delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 6 whole wheat pita bread rounds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Toss apple with lemon juice; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onion and peppers in hot oil, stirring frequently until crisp-tender. Add turkey to skillet and stir until heated through. Stir in apple mixture. Add garlic to yogurt and mix. Fold pitas in half and fill with turkey mixture. Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Per Serving Size (1/4 recipe): 260 calories, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 280mg sodium, 36g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 5g fiber, 9g sugars
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™ or call 1-888-244-9958.