Turkey Salad with Orange VinaigretteRecipe
Try this dish as a light option, or enjoy it anytime!
Number of servings: 4
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups salad greens (torn)
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast (cut into julienne strips)
- 1 can mandarin orange segments (11 ounce, drained)
- ½ cup celery (sliced)
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. If you don’t have a container with a tight-fitting lid, place ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve with vinaigrette. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Per serving: 200 calories, 6g total fat, 50mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 10g sugar, 22g protein, 60 percent vitamin A, 45 percent vitamin C, 2 percent calcium, 10 percent iron. Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, recipefinder.nal.usda.gov.
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment visit Steward DoctorFinder™ or call 1-800-488-5959.