Turkey Taco Lettuce WrapsRecipe
Low sodium, low carbohydrate, high protein turkey taco lettuce wraps are a healthy alternative to traditional tacos. Also, add toppings like tomatoes and avocados, which are great sources of antioxidants and vitamins.
Number of Servings: 4 (2 tacos per person)
- 16 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 8 large lettuce leaves (iceberg, romaine, or Boston lettuce)
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Diced Roma tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Diced onion
- Chopped cilantro
- In large non-stick skillet, brown turkey until fully cooked.
- Add onion, chili powder, cumin, paprika and pepper. Mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Mix well and simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Divide turkey mixture into the 8 lettuce cups.
- Add toppings.
Serving Size: Two lettuce wraps with ¼ ground turkey mixture, ¼ cup shredded cheese, 4 tablespoons diced tomatoes, 4 tablespoons diced avocado, 2 tablespoons diced onion, and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Per Serving: 355 calories, 22g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 315mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 31g protein, 3g fiber
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment visit Steward DoctorFinder™ or call 1-800-488-5959.