If you have diabetes, controlling blood glucose is a complex, but it’s such an important task. Did you know that a 1 percent reduction of A1C lowers the risk of diabetes problems that affect eyes, kidneys and nerves by 37 percent? Try these apple chips, which are diabetes friendly and a healthy alternative to regular potato chips.
- 2 – 4 apples
- Preheat the oven to 225˚F.
- Line a metal baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the apples and use a mandolin to slice them very thinly.
- Place the apple slices in one single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the apples for about an hour, turn them over to the other side and continue baking for another hour.
- Cool the apple chips on a wire rack and enjoy!
To add extra flavor, mix 1½ tsp. of granulated sugar or sugar substitute (Splenda) with ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon in a mixing bowl and sprinkle over the apple slices right before baking and again after you turn them over.
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.