Face Washing 101Skin
Having clear and healthy skin is just one step that you can take to better your appearance and self-confidence. Taking care of your skin doesn’t have to be a chore, either – it can be a great time to give yourself some self-love and some well-needed TLC.
Here are some quick tips that you can do at home using easy-to-find products:
- Everyone’s skin type is different so the type of cleanser or face wash should be unique to you. Use a cleanser that is alcohol-free and that won’t irritate or dry out your skin.
- Use your fingertips to wash your face, as this is will allow for much gentler application of product than using a washcloth or other tools. Using lukewarm water will also help to open up your pores and get your skin extremely clean.
- Dry your face off gently with a soft towel, making sure that no product or residue lingers on or around the sensitive eye area.
- Moisturize your freshly washed skin, even if you have a typically oily complexion. Using moisturizer will limit your skin from producing its own oil over time, preventing future breakouts and shininess.
- Wash only twice a day or after a workout, or you risk drying out and stripping your skin of its natural protective barrier.
If you have questions or concerns about caring for your skin, you should make an appointment to see a dermatologist.
*Source: American Academy of Dermatology, www.aad.org
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.