Searching for an easy-to-make meal that does not compromise nutrition or taste? Try this delicious and healthy stuffed pepper recipe—a mouthwatering delight that combines wholesome goodness with irresistible flavors. Succulent bell peppers generously filled with a savory blend of lean ground meat and aromatics make this dish a perfect harmony of nutrition and simplicity.
With easy-to-follow steps and minimal prep time, it’s a go-to option for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions. Elevate your dining experience with this delicious, nutritious, and effortless creation that promises a wholesome, guilt-free indulgence.
1 cup water
½ cup brown rice
1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
2 (8 ounce) cans natural tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef (or turkey), onion, and garlic to the hot skillet; cook and stir until meat is evenly browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove tops, seeds, and membranes of green, red, and yellow bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
- Mix browned beef (or turkey), cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spoon mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix remaining tomato sauce with Italian seasoning in a bowl; pour over peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle peppers with grated Parmesan cheese; serve warm.
Number of servings: 6
Per serving: 291 calories, 11g fat, 29g carbs, 20g protein
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.