Enjoy fall’s fresh flavors with this delectable sweet potato, corn, and red bean hash recipe. This delightful, yet simple, dish seamlessly blends the wholesome goodness of sweet potatoes, the natural sweetness of fresh corn kernels, and the heartiness of red beans – a delicious blend of hearty and nutritious that celebrates the season’s bounty. Ideal for a cozy autumn evening, this hash is a delightful celebration of seasonal produce that will delight your taste buds and nourish your body.
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
4 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup water
¾ cup frozen corn kernels
1 15-ounce can red beans
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Ground pepper, to taste
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until browned in spots for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and stir until it starts to brown for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, cumin, and salt; sauté until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- Add water and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is absorbed for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add corn and red beans and cook until heated through.
- Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Number of servings: 2
Per serving: 317 calories, 7g fat, 57g carbs, 13g protein
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.