Mediterranean Style Foil SalmonRecipe
It’s time to fire up the grill for this heart-healthy Mediterranean diet-approved salmon recipe that is also packed with an abundance of vegetables.
Number of Servings: 2
- 2 salmon fillets (skin off)
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- Dash salt
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 large carrot (sliced)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- ¼ red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare 2 large pieces of aluminum foil, non-stick side up on top of cookie sheet.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt – mix well.
- Place zucchini and carrot slices on foil, salmon on top. Brush with balsamic vinegar and oil mixture.
- Close the foil into two packages, place on cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes.
- While fish is in the oven combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper, mix well.
- When fish is done, carefully remove from the foil, top with tomato mixture and enjoy!
Per serving: 384 calories, 21.6g total fat, 3.1g saturated fat, 105.9mg sodium, 24.9g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 25.1g protein
To find a doctor or schedule an appointment, visit Steward DoctorFinder™.